Overview and Key Concepts
The Create Object activity creates one or more objects in the 3D simulation model. This activity can also create Task Executers and Task Executer flow items and connect them to a travel network using the Create In property. Once created, a reference to the created object(s) will be added to the label specified in the Assign To property.
The Create Object activity only allows one connector out. See Adding and Connecting Activities for more information.
The following image shows properties for the Create Object activity:
Each of these properties will be explained in the following sections.
Used to change the name of the activity. See Name for more information about this property.
The Font button opens a window to edit the activity's background color and font properties. See Font for more information about this property.
The Statistics button opens the activity's statistics window. See Statistics for more information about this property.
Use the Object box to specify what type of object should be created. By default, it will create a flow item with a Box shape, but there are many other possibilities. If you click the arrow next to the Object box, the menu will list a variety of different objects that can be created. If needed, you can dynamically set this property as the rank of a flow item in the Flowitem Bin.
You can also use the Sampler button to select an object in the model. When you select an object in the model, the Create Object activity will create a copy of this object.
Use the Quantity box to determine how many objects will be created. This should be an integer value (a whole number).
Use the Create In box to determine where the object(s) will be located when created. By default, the object is created in the model, but it can be changed to be a different token label, object in the model or other destination. Some of the possible destinations can be:
- Object in the Model - The object will be created in an object in the model. For example, you could create a flowitem inside of a processor. Use the Sampler button to select an object in the 3D simulation model. If Create At is checked, the created object will be placed in the destination object's container at the destination object's location.
- Model - The object will be created inside the model with its X,Y,Z coordinates at 0,0,0. If you are creating a task executer object, it will be connected to the Default Navigator. To use this option, click the arrow next to the Destination box and select Model from the menu.
- Outside the Model - The object can be created outside of the model if you would prefer to move the object into the model manually later. Click the Remove button so that the Destination box will read None.
- Network Node - The object will be created on a network node. If you are creating a task executer object, it will be connected to the Default Network Navigator. Use the Sampler button to select the network node in the 3D simulation model.
- AGV Control Point - If you have the AGV module installed in FlexSim, you can set the destination to an AGV Control Point. If you are creating a task executer object, it will be created at the control point and will be connected to the AGV Network.
- A* Navigator - If you have the A* module installed in FlexSim, you can set the destination to an A* (or AStar) Navigator. If you are creating a task executer object, it will be created at the A* Navigator and be connected to it.
Assigns a reference on the specified label/node to the created object(s). See the Assign To section of Common Properties for more information.
If specified, the Object Flow defines the Object Process Flow that the object will be attached to after being created.
Assign Labels to Created Objects
Allows you to add labels to the created objects. For more information on assigning labels, see the Assign Labels activity.